One of the most important parts of your HVAC unit is the ductwork. The ducts are responsible for distributing the heated or cooled air throughout your home. If there are any problems with the ductwork, it can cause a number of issues with your HVAC unit, resulting in HVAC repair in Cerritos, CA.
One such component is the air ducts. If your system is working efficiently, but the ducts face a problem, your home will not reach a comfortable temperature irrespective of how many hours your system works. Here is all you need to know about loose air ducts:
Ducts and Their Working
Before knowing the problems your ducts face and how to solve them, you should know about a few common types of ducts and how they work with your system:
- Flexible ducts: As the name suggests, flexible ducts can easily fit through small spaces, and their comparatively affordable prices make them the first choice for homeowners.
- Rigid ducts: These can be different sizes and made of varying materials. Sheet metal, fiberglass-lined, and fiberboard are the three most common types.
Ducts are an important part of your HVAC system as they help in circulating the conditioned air throughout your home. The ductwork starts at the supply plenum of your furnace or air handler. The plenum is a large, box-shaped chamber that distributes the heated or cooled air to the various ducts that lead to different rooms in your house.
The air then flows through these ducts and is pushed out into the different rooms via vents or registers. The return plenum collects the air from these vents and returns it back to the furnace or air handler where the process starts all over again.
Problems Due to Loose Ducts
Loose ducts are a nuisance to the HVAC owners. As the ducts are inside the walls of your home or building, you cannot see when they start loosening, but you can hear them rattling vigorously while working. Loose ducts create unwanted noise for the owners and various other issues:
- Reduced efficiency: Loose ducts create gaps for the warm or cool air to seep into the walls, which means your rooms will not achieve the required temperature. You may also notice hot and cold pockets throughout the home or building if the ducts continue loosening.
- Extra pressure: Since your home will not reach the required temperature at the expected time. Your system will have to work harder and longer to achieve the set temperature. You may also face problems like overheating, short cycling, and a temporary system breakdown.
- Reduced lifespan: Excessive wear and tear and continuous working may adversely affect the lifespan of your system. If you do not maintain your system with regular AC service in La Mirada, CA, your system will not be able to work efficiently for more than ten years.
Fixing Loose Ducts
For your safety, you should not try to fix the ducts yourself. The only solution to tackle loose ducts is to contact a professional technician who will understand how the ducts loosened and be able to tighten them correctly.
With years of experience and our affordable prices, Power Pro Plumbing Heating & Air is the right choice for your local HVAC company. If you’re in need of Anaheim heating and air conditioning services, contact us today at (833) 212-2124.