Air conditioners are necessary for our daily lives, especially during the hot summer. They keep us cool and comfortable in our homes and workplaces. However, air conditioners are prone to issues and problems like any other mechanical device. They need frequent repairs and routine maintenance to upkeep efficiency and prevent more significant damage in the future.
Power Pro Plumbing provides comprehensive AC service in La Mirada, CA and HVAC repairs in Anaheim, CA, and surrounding areas. On top of that, we also offer AC tune-up services in Long Beach, CA, so you won’t have to worry about a premature malfunction or breakdown of your AC unit all summer. Contact us to learn more about our services today.
This blog post will discuss ten typical air conditioner issues and their solutions.
Your AC Unit Is Not Cooling
If your air conditioner is not cooling your home or office, you must check the thermostat first. Ensure it is set to the right temperature and the batteries are not dead. If the thermostat is fine, the issue could be with the compressor or refrigerant levels. The compressor is responsible for pumping refrigerant throughout the system, and if it’s not working correctly, it may not be able to cool the air. Low refrigerant levels can also be a cause of this issue.
- Check the thermostat settings, and check the air filter.
- If it is dirty, replace it.
- If the issue persists, schedule an AC service in La Mirada with our professional technician to diagnose and fix the problem.
• Strange Noises
If your air conditioner is making strange noises, it could be due to various reasons, such as a loose or broken part. Loose parts can create rattling or banging noises. Damaged parts, such as the fan or motor, can also make strange noises.
Troubleshoot: Check for any loose parts and tighten them. If you live in Anaheim, CA, and can not find the noise source, schedule an HVAC repair with our professional technician to diagnose and fix the problem to save yourself from a costly repair later.
• Leaking AC Unit
If your air conditioner leaks water, it could be due to a clogged drainage pipe or a damaged condensate pan. A clogged drainage pipe can cause water to back up and leak out of the unit. A damaged condensate pan can also cause leakage. Either way, a leaking AC unit is unsuitable for your comfort or health.
Troubleshoot: Check the drainage pipe and ensure it is not clogged. If the issue persists, call our professional technician.
• Foul Odors
If your air conditioner emits a nasty smell all the time, it could be due to mold or bacteria buildup in the unit. Mold and bacteria can grow in the unit if not cleaned and maintained properly.
Troubleshoot: Clean the unit and ensure proper maintenance is done. If you reside in the area and require a professional contractor, schedule regular AC tune-up services in Long Beach, CA, to avoid these issues in your home.
• Poor Air Flow
If the airflow from your air conditioner is weak, it could be due to a clogged air filter or a damaged fan motor. A clogged air filter can restrict the airflow, while a damaged fan motor can prevent the fan from working efficiently.
Troubleshoot: Check the air filter and replace it if it is dirty. If the issue persists, call a professional from Power Pro Plumbing to diagnose and fix the problem for you.
• High Energy Bills
If you are experiencing high energy bills, it could be due to a malfunctioning thermostat, a leaky duct, or an inefficient unit. A malfunctioning thermostat can cause the AC unit to run longer than necessary. Leaky ducts can also cause energy loss and inefficiency.
- Check the thermostat settings and ensure it is working properly.
- Have a professional technician check for any leaks in the ducts.
- If the issue persists, call our experienced technicians to diagnose and fix the problem.
• Frequent Cycling
If your air conditioner is cycling on and off frequently, it could be due to a malfunctioning thermostat, a clogged air filter, or a refrigerant leak. A malfunctioning thermostat can cause the unit to turn on and off frequently. A refrigerant leak can also cause the unit to cycle on and off repeatedly.
- Check the thermostat settings and ensure it is working correctly.
- Replace the air filter if it is dirty.
- If the issue persists, contact our technician to diagnose and fix the problem by scheduling an AC service in La Mirada, CA.
• Frozen Evaporator Coil
If the evaporator coil of your air conditioner is frozen, it could be due to a clogged air filter, low refrigerant levels, or a malfunctioning thermostat. A clogged air filter can restrict the airflow and cause the evaporator coil to freeze. Low refrigerant levels can also cause the coil to freeze. A malfunctioning thermostat can also cause the evaporator coil to freeze.
- Replace a dirty air filter, check refrigerant levels, and ensure the thermostat works optimally.
• High Humidity
If your air conditioner is not properly removing humidity from the air, it can cause the air to feel damp and muggy. A clogged air filter, a malfunctioning evaporator coil, or a problem with the drain line can cause high humidity levels.
- Inspect the air filter and replace it if it is clogged.
- Check the evaporator coil to ensure it is functioning correctly.
- If the issue persists, contact our professional technician to schedule an AC tune-up in Long Beach, CA, to avoid this problem. We may even suggest installing the perfect dehumidifier for your space.
• Electrical Issues
If your air conditioner is not working, it could be due to an electrical problem that a blown fuse, tripped circuit breaker, or a problem with the wiring can cause.
- Check the fuse box or circuit breaker to see if a fuse has blown or a circuit has tripped. Inspect the wiring for any signs of wear and tear or extensive damage. It is crucial to call a professional technician to diagnose and fix the problem, as it can become a safety hazard in the future.
Routine Maintenance Goes A Long Way
Regular tune-ups and inspections can help prevent these problems before they occur and save you time, money, and peace of mind. Power Pro Plumbing offers AC tune-up and maintenance services in La Mirada and Long Beach, CA. Our team of proficient and experienced technicians can diagnose and fix any issue you may be experiencing with your air conditioner. We also offer HVAC repair in Anaheim, CA, for both residential and commercial clients.
If you are experiencing any issues with your air conditioner, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team of experts will be happy to diagnose and fix any problem you may be experiencing. With Power Pro Plumbing Heating and Air, you can rest assured that your air conditioner will run smoothly and efficiently in no time.