The quality of the air inside your home or business is just as important as the quality of the air outside—and it can be just as polluted. Despite this, many people don’t think about their indoor air quality until it becomes noticeably poor. However, an indoor air quality system can help you and your family or your employees breathe easy.
At Power Pro Plumbing Heating & Air, we offer a range of indoor air quality services in Long Beach, Ontario, the South Bay, and throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area. Whether you are interested in having a new air filtration system installed or you need repairs on an existing air purification system, we can help. Our professionally trained HVAC technicians are capable of handling both residential and commercial indoor air quality needs; contact us today for a free estimate.
Call (800) 260-7187 or fill out and submit an online contact form to schedule a service with Power Pro Plumbing Heating & Air today!
The Effects of Poor Indoor Air Quality
As previously mentioned, indoor air quality is incredibly important for the comfort and health of all occupants. Poor ventilation and airflow can lead to an increase in harmful contaminants in the air, which can have a number of negative effects.
Poor indoor air quality can lead to:
- Increased frequency of sickness and colds
- Greater severity of asthma and allergy symptoms
- Shortness of breath and sinus congestion
- Dry or irritated eyes, nose, and/or throat
- Nausea, dizziness, and fatigue
Indoor air quality is particularly important if there are smokers in your home or if you have indoor pets. However, even without these factors, it is still wise to consider installing an indoor air quality system in order to eliminate some of the negative consequences of poor indoor air quality.
How to Improve Indoor Air Quality
There are several ways that you can improve the quality of the air inside your home or commercial space:
- Regular HVAC Maintenance: Scheduling regular maintenance for your HVAC system, including routine duct cleaning, can help reduce the amount of particles and contaminants that are able to circulate around your home or business.
- Change HVAC Filters Often: The more you use your heater and AC, the more often you should change or clean the filters. This is a simple but often neglected way that you can improve the quality of the air inside your home.
- Install an Air Purification System: With several designs to choose from, air purification systems can remove up 99% of harmful pollutants from the air inside your home. This protects your home, your furniture, and your health.
- Use a Humidifier/Dehumidifier: Too little or too much humidity can have a negative effect on your health and can even cause damage to your furniture/belongings. A whole-home humidifier/dehumidifier is the best way to ensure proper indoor humidity levels.
If you are not sure where to begin, contact our team at Power Pro Plumbing Heating & Air. We can come out to your property and conduct an indoor air quality inspection. We’ll take a look at various factors, including humidity levels, number of measurable pollutants, frequency of HVAC use, and more. From there, we’ll be able to provide you with an honest, professional recommendation regarding your indoor air quality.
You don’t have to live with poor indoor air quality—call Power Pro Plumbing Heating & Air at (800) 260-7187 for indoor air quality services in Long Beach and the surrounding areas!